I know, I know, I’m SOOO late to the party!! But listen, here’s the thing…all this time I’ve been happy just enjoying my spaghetti squash noodles, none the wiser…yes, I love zucchini but I thought, “Meh…what’s the big deal if I have zucchini or spaghetti squash? I’ll get around to it…” YOU GUYS.
If you are like me and haven’t made these yet – GO. Right now. Make them. You’re welcome.
Oh, but hold up…you’re going to need the tool to make the noodles. You can go out and buy some big fancy counter top peeler or pick up one of these little dudes. I’m going with the julienne peeler for now.
- 6 small/medium sized zucchini, julienne or spiral sliced
- For this particular recipe, we added 90% lean ground beef, just browned up (about 3oz per person)
- 1 large (20oz) can diced tomatoes (you can either drain or leave the juice – we kept the juice)
- 2 cup white mushrooms, diced
- Salt and Pepper for taste
- In a medium to large saucepan, boil water with a little bit of salt like you would for cooking regular noodles.
- In a medium saucepan, heat tomatoes and mushrooms together until simmering.
- Reduce heat, stir in browned ground beef; keep warm while making zucchini noodles.
- Clean and slice the zucchini to make your “noodles”. Look at how pretty they are:
- Add the sliced noodles to the boiling water and cook for about 2 minutes. Remove and drain.
- Top the noodles with sauce.
· Serves 4
- Note: We used about 6 small to medium-sized zucchini for about 4 people. The zucchini will shrink down once they are cooked.
- Serving size: 1 cup noodles, with 1 cup meat sauce (again, about 3oz meat per person)
Calories 290 / Carbs 19g / Fat 12g / Protein 30g / Fiber 5g / Sodium 526mg
*Nutrition information is an estimation only and the nutritional analysis I provide for each recipe is calculated via My Fitness Pal using the nutritional data found on their website. I am not a registered dietitian, so always consult with qualified healthcare provider for any answers to personal health care questions.