Here’s a super easy, yummy side dish for you to try – I loved it so much I could have eaten it ALL…of course, since Hubs doesn’t eat cauliflower, it was mine for the taking.
You could eat this entire dish and still not feel guilty…not that I’d know anything about that…
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, chopped roughly
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 2T butter, room temp
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and lightly spray a small baking dish or pie plate with nonstick spray.
- Wash and rinse cauliflower, do not dry, and place in a microwaveable bowl. Microwave it for about 3-4 minutes until it becomes soft. You may need to stir and cook a little longer – you want it to be fork-tender in order to mash it a bit after it’s done.
- After it is cooked, using a hand masher or fork, mash the cauliflower a bit more until desired consistency. Meaning YOUR desired consistency – if you like it the consistency of rice, mash it until it’s that size, and so on. I kept mine a little rougher than that.
- To the bowl, add the rest of the ingredients making sure to stir to mix everything together.
- Pour it into your prepared baking dish and then bake it for about 20-30 minutes or until it bubbles or the top browns. Don’t overdo it; you want it to be creamy.
- Remove and serve! I had this in place of potatoes alongside our roast the other night. DELISH!
Serves 3-4 as a side dish (about ½ cup each)
Calories 127 / Carbs 8g / Fat 8g / Protein 7g / Fiber 3g / Sodium 551mg
*Nutrition information is an estimation only and the nutritional analysis I provide for each recipe is calculated via My Fitness Pal using the nutritional data found on their website. I am not a registered dietitian, so always consult a qualified healthcare provider for any answers to personal health care questions.