You may remember the Breakfast Cookies I made a bit back with currants – they were so super good, and very versatile! - so this weekend, I made them again but changed things up a bit by adding cranberries, pecans and some protein powder to give them even more staying power.
They are so easy to make! I like to bake them up and throw them in a baggie to grab quickly during the week. Two of these are hearty and will definitely give you the energy you need in the morning along with a bit of staying power with the added protein.
2 ripe bananas
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 scoops vanilla protein powder
¼ cup chopped pecans (or your favorite – be creative!)
¼ cup chopped dried cranberries (again, any dried fruit would be great!)
1 ½ cups quick oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash bananas until they are creamy like so:
- Add the applesauce, extract, cinnamon and protein powder and mix.
- Mix in the pecans, cranberries, and oats.
- Set aside for about 10 minutes until the ingredients get all happy.
- Scoop the dough onto a parchment-lined or non-stick baking sheet…these babies will stick so don’t forget this part.
- Bake for about 20-30 minutes. I like mine to be a bit softer so I took them out at 20 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy!
Makes about 6-7 servings depending on how big you make the cookies – I made 14.
Calories 174 / Carbs 29g / Fat 5g / Protein 5g / Fiber 4g / Sodium 10mg