Friday, March 29, 2013

Roasted Veggies


As I've mentioned previously, I am pretty much obsessed with broccoli and cauliflower right now.  There is just something about it that I crave!??  Hubby just shakes his head since he doesn't like many veggies at all, but I just shove a piece of that delicious, crunch veggie in my mouth and smile at him:  More for ME!

We had a good snow here earlier this week, which for this North Country girl, is laughable since I'm used to 12" being a "good" snow.  Still, the benefit for me is that my company has snow days - whoop!  I was stuck at home with leftover veggies and I wanted something warm so I decided to throw what I had into the oven and voila - lunch!

So filling, so fiber-y (yes, that's a word), and so very good for you!  Feel free to add any of the veggies you have on hand - roasting them brings out such an amazing flavor!  This could also be a side dish to any protein.

These are a WONDERFUL side dish for Easter Dinner, too!

Ingredients:
2 cups broccoli, cut
2 cups cauliflower, cut
2 cups baby carrots
olive oil spray
Seasonings:  salt, pepper, garlic seasoning and red pepper flakes
Topping:  Grated Parmesan

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 425.

Line
a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray.


Lay
the veggies in a single layer on the baking sheet and then spray with olive oil.


Sprinkle seasonings onto the veggies and toss - sprinkle some more seasonings and then place in the oven.
Roast
the veggies for about 25 minutes, turning once about half way through.

The veggies will develop a beautiful brown color.

Remove from the oven and sprinkle with grated Parmesan.

Enjoy!

Nutrition:
Serves - about 3

8516145104
Calories 85 / Carbs 16g / Fat 1g / Protein 4g / Fiber 5g / Sodium 478mg

4 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful!!
    My men have been good sports with the veggies. We are all trying to eat more of them!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fresh veggies are sweet so they're very tasty when roasted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wondering if this could be made and put in electric roaster for a reception

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to try this. It looks good.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!