I loved how quickly this dip came together; perfect for last minute get-togethers or if you are like me, you just can’t wait to have it…
Mediterranean, and specifically Greek food is one of my all-time faves…can you go wrong with lemon, oregano and feta? Throw some hummus and pita chips in there and you might as well just leave me alone…seriously, go away.
If you can find it in your heart to share this deliciousness, I think your guests will love it. Or, again like me, if you have a Hubby that doesn’t like Greek (I know, he’s crazy, but I get more, heh heh), you get it all! You can feel good about it, too because although it seems like it’s sinful, it’s not – woot!
Plus, it's pretty!
· 8oz hummus (flavored or plain, your preference)
· 6oz plain fat free Greek yogurt
· 1 ½ tsp lemon juice
· 1 T fresh parsley, chopped
· 1 tsp dried oregano
· ¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
· 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
· 1/3 cup chopped cucumber (the mini English cucumbers work great, about 1 1/2 )
· ½ cup reduced fat feta cheese, crumbled
· ½ cup red pepper, chopped
In a small bowl, mix the yogurt, lemon, parsley, oregano and ground pepper. Set aside.
Spread the hummus onto a small, shallow platter. (You can also double the recipe and serve in a pie plate!)
Top the hummus with the yogurt mix by spreading it evenly over the top.
Top with the feta, olives, peppers and cucumbers.
Serve with pita chips and/or strips of veggies!
Serves approximately 6
Calories 120 / Carbs 9g / Fat 7g / Protein 8g / Fiber 2g / Sodium 410mg
Let me know what you think!